Santa Teresa, Costa Rica.

I was pretty lucky that my quad dorm was empty, so I had first choice of bed (bottom bunk, duh).  Although, I wouldn’t have minded having one other person in the room to socialize with. After settling in, I walked down the road and grabbed dinner at Burger Rancho (didn’t get a burger, but chicken tacos and they were great), then came back to go to sleep. My neighbors were singing ballads until Midnight, so it was pretty loud, but it wasn’t so bad.

I’m used to getting up at 5:30am to surf, so even with my little sleep, I was still up early and headed to the beach to check out the surf. I decided I wanted to hit the waves today so I rented a board and went out with a group. I’ve been riding an 8’ 6” board, but on my last day at Shaka I went down to an 8’ 2” board. For giggles, I decided to grab a 7’ 6” board today. I made it out to the green waves (much easier on a small board) and after 6 or so failed attempts, I finally felt comfortable on the new size and was able to pop up and ride. The shorter board takes longer to catch the wave, but once it does, it goes fast!! It was a lot of fun, and afterwards I enjoyed fresh coconut water and cantaloupe.

I spent the next part of the day walking around looking for a new rash guard. I didn’t have any luck, but I did find a really good smoothie. I also spent some more time tanning and reading on the beach with a fresh coconut. Then, after watching sunset I went back to my room to discover that I had a roommate!!

Processed with VSCO with a4 preset
Tan and happy 🙂
Outdoor Seating at Earth Cafe
Centaur on the beach

She is from Jersey and very nice. We met up with two guys from Florida at this beachfront bar where we had a few drinks, played some pool (with pool sticks that didn’t have tips) and then headed home since the guys had to catch a 4am ferry. On the way back Helena and I were talking about how it was nice that we had a four person room to ourselves, but of course when we got back around 11pm, there were two other people in there so our luck ran out! The good news was, at 11pm it was already quiet. The karaoke travelers must have gone to bed early, or left.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s